Here are some important facts about radon testing that it is good for every consumer to know prior to having radon testing performed in their Iowa home.
- If you choose to perform a short term test (which would be a 2-4 day test) it is important for the home to remain closed for 12 hours prior to the start of testing and for the whole time the test is being performed.
- If you choose to perform the long term test (which would be about 4-7 days of testing) it is also important to have the same closed house conditions.
- If you are hiring someone to do testing, make sure they are qualified to perform the radon testing you need, like AmeriServ Radon Mitigation. Testing companies should be able to provide you with information to prove they are qualified.
- The test should include a method or methods to prevent or detect any interference with testing conditions or with the radon testing device itself.
- Do no interfere with the radon testing devices during the time of testing as it will likely affect the outcome of your test, and a correct result is critical.
- When your test is being performed, make sure that you run your heat or cooling the way you normal would for the weather conditions during the time of the test.
- If you have a test that is positive for high levels of radon, you want to have this dealt with with high priority. Iowa is known for very high levels of radon. The EPA recommends that you mitigate for radon in the home when the radon level is 4 pCi/L or more.
Mitigation is Critical for High Levels of Radon in Your Iowa Home
If you test for high levels of radon, AmeriServ Radon Mitigation highly recommends not waiting to have mitigation performed. We can find the right solution for your home, have a radon mitigation system setup quickly, which is critical for the safety of your family. Radon is a cancer causing agent that you cannot see, smell, or taste, so proper testing followed by radon mitigation by a professional with a lot of experience is so important to the health of your family. AmeriServ cares for Iowa families, and wants to help protect you.
Remember that your Iowa business or school could also be at risk for high levels of radon. We can also perform testing for businesses and schools to keep the occupants safe from the dangers of radon gas. So don’t wait. Ask about radon testing, and then setup your test. Know the dangers of radon, and then partner with the radon testing and mitigation specialists at AmeriServ Radon Mitigation today. Call us anytime if you want to learn more.